Frequently Asked Questions
- A non-profit group based in the Lower Mainland with guys and gals that are Mustang enthusiasts. We welcome all generations and models of Mustangs - old and new, shiny or not. We drive, maintain, modify, restore, show and most importantly enjoy our Mustangs. Other Ford and Ford-powered vehicles are welcome, but you don't even need to own a Mustang to join the club!
- Visit our Membership page and download the application form. Once filled in, you can send the form and dues by mail, or come to our next meeting or event and drop it off in person.
- We accept membership all year long - fill out a membership form and join us!
- The meetings are held each month at the Centennial Community Centre, 65 East 6th Ave, New Westminster. During the months of May-September, the meetings are on the third Tuesday of the month at 7pm. During the months of October-April, the meetings are on the third Sunday of the month at 12:30pm.
- Of course! All members and guests are always welcome.
- Absolutely not! “Ownership is not essential, but enthusiasm is” is our club motto. We welcome all that appreciate the Mustang and the FoMoCo family.
- We hold monthly meetings that are a great chance to socialize with other Mustang enthusiasts, share tips and tricks, and buy and sell parts.
- The club hosts three shows a year, including one that is exclusive to club members and includes a family day and picnic.
- We plan multiple social events throughout the year, including cruises, weekend trips, bowling, go karting, BBQs, volunteer recognition dinner and a holiday party.
- We participate in some of larger car events, such as the ones on the Sunshine Coast and Penticton, as well as support the local shows.
- The club travels to the International Mustang Meet that is held in rotating cities across BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Washington and Montana.
- There is a monthly newsletter that includes information from our sponsors, upcoming events, news in the Mustang world and a buy and sell section.
- The GVMA is part of the International Mustang Club and travel to the International Mustang Meet each year in rotating cities in North America.
- The GVMA is also an affiliate club of the Mustang Club of America - a world-wide umbrella organization that sets the standards on judging the various classes of Mustangs.
- You will not find a more knowledgeable group of car guys and gals who can tell you about the history, preservation and restoration of the Mustangs. Want to talk Bullitt, Roush, Shelby, Cobra II, Boss or the latest on that Coyote engine? What about that EcoBoost - do you want to hear how it performs compared to let's say to a '67 GT? Or perhaps you are more interested in weekend cruises and car shows, and enjoy the social side of it all. Whatever it is you’re looking for, there’s sure to be some members that share your interests and it’s up to you how much you’d like to participate.
- The club has an assortment of hats, jackets, and shirts available for purchase by all members in good standing and you will receive a GVMA windshield decal in your membership welcome package.